Court Petition

Any person aged 18 or over may question the outcome of a local election by way of petition in the Circuit Court within 28 days of the declaration of the results.
The election may be questioned on grounds of want of qualification, obstruction of or interference with or other hindrance to the conduct of the election, or mistake or other irregularity.
The Circuit Court, at the trial of an election petition, must determine the correct result of the election and, for this purpose, may order the votes to be recounted.
The Court may declare the whole or part of the election in the constituency void and, in that event, a fresh election will be held to fill the vacant seats.